31 May 18
ANNAPOLIS VALLEY CS SUB-GROUP ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
HELD 31 May 2018 AT 1700 HRS
Members in Attendance:
Eva Henshaw, President
Jonathan Tweedie, Vice-President
Erika Best, Treasurer/Secretary
Twelve CS Members
Guests: CS Group President, Stan Buday
Steward Officer, Lucille Shears
1. Eva Henshaw called the meeting to order at 1730 hrs.
2. President welcomed all present and introduced Stan Buday and Lucille Shears as guests. Previous minutes were reviewed. Acceptances of the previous minutes were moved by Eva Henshaw, seconded by Marcel Journeay. Accepted.
PRESIDENT REPORT. Eva Henshaw presented the year’s report on activities to all for review and acceptance. Acceptance was moved by Eva Henshaw, seconded by Matthew Rodman. Nil opposed.
3. TREASURER/SECRETARY REPORT. Erika Best presented the year’s treasurer report to all for review and acceptance. Acceptance was moved by Erika Best, seconded by Harry Vincent. Nil Opposed. Secretarial items were briefed. The allotment of our CS sub-group and discussion on membership numbers were discussed.
5. NEW BUSINESS
a. Executive Elections. Lucille Shears ran the election. The floor was opened to new nominations, nil received. Eva was nominated by Marcel Journeay, she accepted. Jonathan Tweedie was nominated for Vice-President by Eva Henshaw, he accepted. Eva Henshaw nominated Erika Best for the position of Treasurer/Secretary, she accepted. The following consists of the Annapolis Valley CS Sub-Group Executive for 2018:
President : Eva Henshaw
Vice-President: Jonathan Tweedie
Treasurer/Secretary: Erika Best
b. CS GROUP PRESIDENT SPEECH. Stan Buday discussed:
(1) The bargaining process and Bill C27 regarding pensions.
6. OPEN DISCUSSION.
7. ADJOURNMENT. Adjournment of the meeting was motioned by Eva Henshaw, seconded by Matthew Rodman at 1930 hrs.
PIPSC Region Halifax