NAV CANADA Executive Meeting
November 22, 2017
250 Tremblay Road
Vice President (PT)
Member at Large (MK)
Member at Large (MD)
Member at Large (LD)
- Call to order - MS
LD is absent.
- Adoption of agenda - Executive
Moved by MD. Seconded by PT
- Approval of Minutes June 2017 meeting - Executive
Moved by PV. Seconded MK.
- Business arising from previous minutes - Executive
- President Update - MS
- Working mostly on bargaining and coordinating with the other unions.
- Contract ratified.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Elected as “Union benefits for retirees’ fund observer”
- Trying to get a union seat on the Advisory Council for Nav Canada
- Elected as NCBAA Chair for group savings plan
- Meetings with Laurie and Elizabeth from Labour relations; 45 members from Operations on compressed work week.
- Talk has started already for Classification between PIPSC and management.
- Vice-President Update - PT
- Helped MS with various employee issues
- Worked with MS and MK on MOU regarding vacation for employees on the Stratus project.
- Issue with members working OT but not claiming it for fear of looking bad. Some managers are not responding for OT requests.
- Attended bargaining lunch & learn session.
- Attended sub group meetings.
- Bargaining activities.
- Financial Update - PV
- New allocation in February.
- Attended Canadian industrial CIRB conference with MS midSeptember.
- Helped lots of members with pay specialists: RRSP transfer application, severance and bonus.
- Resigned from OSB treasurer.
- Helping a member at TSC to submit flex work week.
- Attended Lunch and learns.
- Attended NCR steward council.
- Attended PIPSC AGM.
- Talking to members of TSC about the reorganization and giving guidance.
- Secretary Update -EF
- Discussed with many members at the TSC the new contract and answered their questions.
- Attended the NCR Steward council Sep 2930.
- Assisted at both Tom Roberts lunch and learn sessions on new collective agreement Oct 34.
- Attended the Nov lunch and learn open sessions of west sub group at the Flying Club.
- Represented Nav Canada as delegate at the PIPSC AGM Nov 1718
- Members brought forward concern of managers doing union work (discussed issue with president)
- Members discussed with me their discontent with career advancement and opportunities within their group.
- Members at large Update - MK/MD/LD
- Attended CA lunch and learn sessions at 77 Metcalfe.
- Attended Steward council in September.
- Helped members with severance questions related to CA.
- Lunch and learn at both ANS sessions.
- Bargaining activities over the summer.
- Shop steward answering multiple members questions regarding CA.
- Attended both bargaining lunch and learn sessions at 77 Metcalfe.
- Attended CIRB conference.
- AGM Prep update - All
- AGM St Elias during the day March 28th.
- Buses will be available from DT.
- Lee Robinson as speaker on NAV Canada group savings plan.
- Prep meeting MidJanuary for the AGM.
- Negotiations - Pierre Ouellet/MS
- The Exec group tested the Members giveaway USB keys at PIPSC headquarters but some don’t work; So, the plan is to return all of them.
- Grievance Update - Erica Bernstein/MS
- Cases discussed and update provided by MS and Erica
- NCBAA/NCJC - MS
- Chair of new NAV Canada Savings plan
- Request to forward HSA balance to next year.
- All the meetings will be held in December for both committees.
- OSH report - Brad Whitson via MS
- Brad attended meeting Nov 21st and all went well.
- Other Business
- Winter newsletter: MS asked Executive if they want to contribute with related articles.
- Adjournment - Executive
Moved by EF. Seconded by PT.