Our Purpose, Mandate, Values and Strategy
Building community to act collectively to improve our members’ lives.
Our mandate is to provide the highest quality representation to members collectively and individually
- by providing effective bargaining, labour relations and other member services,
- by actively promoting and defending the rights and interests of members,
- by vigorously safeguarding and promoting professional standards.
Our enduring values are:
- Respect as the basis for our dealings with members, employees, colleagues, and employers. It means being sensitive and responsive to the rights of individuals.
- Integrity as a cornerstone of our organization. It means that the Institute and its members act with honesty and fairness based on sound moral and ethical principles.
- Co-operation as the foundation for meeting the challenges of the future. It means building partnerships and working together toward common goals.
- Accountability as our commitment to ensure all of our values are respected. It means informing our members of our actions and being answerable to them for those actions.
Value to our members
- Preserved and improved working conditions
- Increase awareness of the value and relevance of professionals in a changing workplace
- Services driven by the current and changing needs of members
- A strong and increased member engagement with PIPSC and the broader labour movement
- Build and leverage stronger relationships and access to key decision makers in government and with employers
- Build and leverage stronger relationships with other unions, affiliates, community allies and professional associations
- Enhanced public profile for the Institute
- Develop and promote progressive research and policies to deal with the changing nature of work
A model organization
- Clear and effective governance model and structure
- Sustainable and diversified financial model
- Modernized member experience
- Purpose driven culture that creates pride in ownership